Progressive Web apps or Accelerated Mobile Pages are the norms when you think of designing your own app.Both PWA and AMP have given desired results and are a huge success with Web Developers.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are like any other HTML page but the biggest advantage of AMP is the faster load and quick rendering . Backed by Google a AMP page has 3 components AMP HTML, AMP JS and AMP Cache.
PWA (Progressive Web apps)
· No App updates or Installation required
· Same Code base
· Faster and Quick Load time regardless off Network
· Can be used Offline
· Cheaper then Native apps
· Unified Customer Experience
· Secure and Less Intrusive
· Native features of phones like Bluetooth and Phone and hardware features not supported
· Hardware support is limited
· Cross App logins not allowed
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
· Lower Load time
· Improved SEO Ranking
· Used extensively by Publishers
· Lazy Load functionality
· Difficult to track user activity on AMP Pages
· No user scripts
What do we recommend ??
Our suggestion is to go with PWA. We could also use a combination of AMP and PWA. The primary AMP will be used only to load the page faster and from there on we can use PWA .
AMP gets content in front of users fast, while PWA enables rich user experience and engagement through features like push notifications, add to home screen button etc.
AMP is more for content but with PWA user-experience and user-engagement can be enhanced
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Join our mailing list to receive updates from our team